This is the one category where you can really customize to your budget and personal style.
• Minimize the materials used. Try not to use boxes or embellished pieces. Use a bolder design instead.
• The type of printing process and number of colors can also make a difference. You can do basic printing online with great style and design.
• Minimize. You can do luxurious invitations with flat printing or letterpress or more sophisticated printing on a more classic invitation. The type of paper and stock makes a huge difference in cost as well.
• ALWAYS order 20% extra. Sure, you might end up with a couple left over, but if you go back and have to order more later it will cost you MUCH more. You can always keep the extras as keepsakes.
• Find out if digital proofs are extra. All costs should be upfront.