Summer is just around the corner! A lot of brides dream of a nice outdoor summer wedding. However, sometimes things may not go as planned – it rains! No- it’s not bad luck if it rains on your wedding day. As a matter of fact, it’s a blessing in disguise.
To make sure the rain does not ruin your big day, plan in advance for outdoor venues. Here are a few “Tips from Tat” that may just brighten up your rainy wedding day:
- When checking out a venue for a summer wedding, always ask if there is an indoor space for rent. If not, rent some tents for the big day. This way if it rains, there’s a back up indoor space for your guests.
- Make sure you place the band/DJ under a tent where the wires are not exposed so that you will have good sound and music avoiding any security issues.
- Discuss potential weather hazards in advance with your photographer and videographer to be prepared in case of rain.
- Rent clear umbrellas for the guests if there is any chance of rain.
- Rent pretty umbrellas for your bridal party.
- Have some extra hair dryers handy in the bathroom just in case any of your guests want to dry off.
- Be cautious and smart about where the ceremony will be taking place: make sure the place where you will be saying your vows has a decorated canopy or an arbor of flowers for some protection
- Last but not least, a special tip for the beautiful bride: Make sure your makeup is waterproof and your hairstylist takes into account the humidity while styling your hair.
Tat’s most important tip for your big day: Rain or shine, enjoy your big day! After all, Jason & Molly got married in the rain!