Each part of the wedding planning process has its individual perks! When picking out cakes, there are multiple perks – picking out the designs and of course enjoying the actual tastings of all your favorite flavors. Best of all, the cake tasting is something that the groom might love to do with you!
Some tips that I recommend to my brides when setting up cake tastings include:
- Lock in a cake baker as soon as you can! Some cake bakers book up to a year in advance!
- When researching, think about your style by asking yourself these questions:
- What is your reception space like?
- What are your wedding colors?
- Are you looking for something playful or whimsical or classic and personalized?
- Always ask for a sketch to make sure the baker understands your vision.
- Make sure the cake tastes as good as it looks! The design may be amazing, but if the cake isn’t delicious, it’s not worth it, as that is one of the last things your guests will remember.
- Go to a bridal show! One of the best ways to find the perfect cake vendor is by attending a bridal show, as you can see real cakes and taste cakes from multiple vendors. Photos often don’t do a cake justice, so it’s great to see as many cakes as possible in person.
- Last but not least, always ask for recommendations!
Check out some of our favorite designs from our Wedding Salon events for inspiration!
Cake by A Pinch of Spirit http://apinchofspirit.com/
Cake by Casue Sweets http://www.casuesweets.com
Cake by Elegantly Iced http://elegantlyiced.com/
Cake by Sugar Flower Cake Shop http://sugarflowershop.com/