With the Royal Wedding still on everyone’s minds we can be sure there will be a number of new trends emulated throughout the summer months including – Trees for décor, smaller bouquets and more simple arrangements. When looking for a florist or an event designer, always be sure to ask these key questions:
- Budgetwise, is this realistic for my expectations? Decide on your budget and be willing to accept the reality of what things will cost.
- Talk to your florist. Tell him/her what sort of look and feel you want! Some florists are best with a “traditional” approach, others specialize in a more “modern” look. Of course, there are many florists that are quite versatile in their abilities.
- Bring inspiration of what you envision – either pictures from your favorite magazine or even pictures from bridal shows!
- Make sure to decide beforehand whether or not you want the florist to simply handle the flower arrangements, or if you are looking for full event production (linens, furniture, lighting, etc).
- Listen to your florist’s ideas! There might be some good ones you haven’t thought of. At the same time, if you don’t like something, feel free to speak up!
- Don’t forget the first question should always be whether or not the vendor is available, if they aren’t, don’t waste your time!
Below are some inspirational photos from The Wedding Salon on April 27th at Manhattan Center Studios. Photos are courtesy of Borowski Muller Photographers. Enjoy Planning!
Gorgeous Floral Design by Big Apple Florist
Gorgeous Display by NewlyWish
A beautiful display by Elegant Wedding Events & Moments by Cindy Stevens