Weddings are expensive and one of the highest costs are the flowers! I’m going to show you the perfect way to cut costs and still have a beautiful centerpiece!
I want to start off by saying that citrus centerpieces aren’t for everyone. If you’re having a very formal wedding, then this isn’t the way to go. However, if you are an outdoor wedding or afternoon gathering than this can be the ideal centerpiece for you!
You can go about creating a citrus centerpiece one of two ways. You can either cut the fruit into slices or keep the fruit whole.
For a Sliced Citrus Centerpiece here are the following steps:
- Cut the citrus fruit into slices (lemons, limes and even oranges work well)
- Place the slices inside the vase making sure that you arrange the fruits so that the slices are facing outwards.
- Next, place the flowers of your choice in the vase and fill it with water!
For Whole Citrus Fruit Centerpieces (this is great if you need to make it ahead of time):
- Use lemons, limes or both and fill the vase you’ve selected.
- Place the floral arrangement into the vase.
- Add the water!
*You don’t need to put flowers in the vase if you don’t want! It will look just as beautiful!