Summer has arrived, and it’s the perfect time to get married! Beautiful weather, tanned skin, and the smell of fresh flowers are just a few of the characteristics that define the season. However, summertime also brings some technicalities that need to be taken into consideration when planning a summer weddding, so I came up with a list of some do’s and don’ts for all you brides to keep in mind in order to avoid wedding disasters.
1. Outdoor weddings are very popular during the summertime, so DO provide some type of heat relief. It is important for guests to have a way to escape the hot weather in some way. Efficient ways to do this include tents or shady locations, cold beverages and cold hand towels.
2. Don’t forget to send out save-the-dates. Summer is the perfect time for vacations, as many people take time off or do not work during this season. Make sure that your guests are aware of the wedding date in order for them to plan their schedules accordingly.
3. Do have lighter menu options. It is not a good idea to choose heavy foods that will not mix well with the heat. Fill your menu with grilled foods, as well as tons of fresh fruits and vegetables.
4. Don’t forget sunscreen and bug spray! Since many summer weddings will take place mostly or completely outside, it is necessary to plan accordingly. The bride and groom, as well as guests should make sure they apply both to avoid bad sunburns or bug bites that could ruin a person’s time.
5. Do choose a wedding dress that is made of a light fabric, such as cotton or linen to keep yourself cool. There is nothing worse than feeling sticky and sweaty throughout your wedding day. Ways to do this include opting for shorter dresses or dresses that flow, as opposed to a traditional ball gown.