On Monday, we had another successful wedding bootcamp event at Jenny Yoo. We had a great line-up of vendors that are hot in the wedding industry, including Butterfly Bakeshop, New York Personal Training, Latona’s Specialties, Styling the Bride, Jenny Yoo, Kellari and Eclipse Entertainment. Representatives from each of the vendors offered brides their personal tips/trends going on in the wedding industry right now, and we compiled a list of the top ten!
1. When selecting a wedding cake, know what you’re looking for and bring in pictures to show your cake maker exactly what it is that you want
2. Buttercream is replacing fondant
3. Have your stylist work with your trainer; you will receive reasonable expectations for losing weight and receive advice on dresses that work with your body type
4. With bride registry, simplicity is in. Ask for simple tableware and use accessories to dress it up from casual to formal
5. Avoid hair extensions if you are planning on wearing your hair in an updo
6. Every bride should get a hair/make-up trial before the wedding. If you can’t afford a trial, use your trial when you have an event to go to and are already getting your hair/make-up done
7. Bridesmaids dresses that are in right now are vintage colored dresses, including lush pinks, neutrals and soft greys
8. Sleeves are making a comeback!
9. If you are hosting a wedding at a restaurant, avoid peak seasons to save money
10. Everybody wants everything in terms of event design. Concentrate on the core services first, such as the venue, gown, invitations and entertainment, then if your budget permits, go with the extras (lighting, photobooth)
Thank you for everyone who attended and for everyone that participated in making the event a huge success!!