1. Spinning/Cycling: No wonder this high-impact and low-intensity workout is so popular—a group activity can be easily individualized. Additionally, the low-impact nature of spinning leaves your joints feeling easy even after your heart has been pounding.
2. Barre: Strengthen your body, burn calories, and tone your muscles with this workout. When you try it, you’ll see why it’s all the rage.
3. Color Run: Whether participants walk, run, or crawl, the only rule is that your white shirt must be plastered with color when you cross the finish line.
4. Body-weight work-outs: No gym, no problem. You can use your body-weight to tone up, as many others are.
5. Paddleboarding/SUP: Paddleboarding, or SUP (short for stand-up paddleboarding) requires a minimal learning curve and can be done in groups. Grab a group and head out to the nearest body of water!
6. Plyometrics: Plyometric workouts aim to increase muscle power. Studies have shown that this type of training can increase bone density and may help control body weight.
7. Barefoot Running: Runners everywhere are embracing the au natural. Give this trend a try—all who do claim they will never go back to shoes.
8. Strength training: Strength training classes and instruction is on the rise. Muscle strength is at its peak in a person’s twenties—so what are you waiting for?
9. Kettlebell Workouts: Although kettlebells are often incorporated into other strengthtraining and plyometrics classes, they also merit classes of their own. Check a schedule near you to check out the exhilarating, challenging, kettlebell.
10. Fusion classes: With too many classes to try, and such little spare time, fusion classes such as PiYo (Pilates and Yoga), Cyclebarre (Cycle and barre), and YeS (Yoga and cycle) give patrons the best of both worlds. Why choose when you can have it all?
11. Group gyms and studios: CrossFit and other group studios are on the rise. If you like early morning group workouts, this may be the right place for you.
12. Social Media: Pinterest and other social media are proliferating popular workout trends and fitness locations. Unsure of where, when, and how to stay fit—there’s an app for that!