On Wednesday night, brides-to-be and their guests had an amazing opportunity to meet select vendors at our Bridal Bootcamp at Jenny Yoo flagship boutique in New York. Ten vendors made up the panel answering brides’ questions about the latest trends. It was a great success! For those who missed this interesting event, we’ll briefly enlighten you with their input so you don’t miss a thing.
What are some upcoming summer trends you’re seeing?
- NST Pictures, specializing on cinematic video films suggests making a save-the-date video because it’s more personalized and can show the story of you and your fiancé, and also gives guests a better opportunity to get to know you as a couple and they can feel more connected and excited about the wedding.
- Figure 4 workout classes offering by Pure Yoga is the hottest program that can help brides-to be get in terrific shape before the big day so that they look their best. It combines elements of classic dance training, yoga, and free weights to build the best body possible.
- When talking about wedding cakes, an expert from a custom cake boutique Cake & Co mentioned that this summer wedding cakes with clean lines, more colorful decorations and crazy flavors (such as different flavors on each tier of the cake – and unique flavors) are the most wanted.
- Dr.Russak from Russak Dermatology considered that backless dresses are more and more common – as is the realization that during the ceremony most people are staring at your back, so there is a new focus on taking care of the entire body’s skin.
- Floral designers at Gracious Décor proposed to use hydrangeas, orchids and ice crystals for added drama in tall vases as wedding centerpieces. The hottest color trends are champagne golds, soft blush pinks, pastels, purples, olive green with white, very soft and calm colors.
- Uniform strapless bridesmaids dresses from Jenny Yoo, with 2 panels in the front and 2 in the back, that they can use in different ways to create looks for the reception that are more flattering for their specific body type.
What should brides be aware of when booking a vendor?
- Metamorphosis – one of the leading makeup, hair and skincare company, suggests booking as early as possible. Booking exactly 1 year in advance to your wedding is recommended, because you’ll have enough time to prepare your skin and find the makeup products that best compliment you at that time of year on your big day.
- Before meeting with a design company that focuses on wedding invitations and stationery, be sure to do your homework. Make a deep research online on styles and paper types you like and don’t like to make your meeting fun and productive, Creative Outlook Designs advised.
- When it comes to your honeymoon, Mexico Tourism Board, specializing on destination weddings and honeymoons in Mexico, take caution to book it online, because only a specialist knows all about travelling and can give you the best advice on what is right for you and your fiancé.
- Opting for a band? 45 Riot, NY-based music band, proposed to see the band live to get a better idea of what you are looking for and whether or not the band fits your needs. Talk to musicians, not sales people and ask about available options and music styles they play, because entertainment leaves an impression.
At the end of the evening some of our brides-to-be were lucky to win amazing giveaways, such as a free Latisse giveaway from Russak Dermatology, a free skin consultation (worth $100) from Metamorphosis and the most generous giveaway from Mexico Tourism Board that one bride found underneath of her chair cushions – an all-inclusive honeymoon trip to one of the most luxurious Mexican resorts.
Congratulations and big thank you to all our wonderful vendors and brides! Our next Bridal Showcase in New York is in July and we can’t wait to see you there!