The wedding day is about catching the most romantic moments and saving them on film for years of romantic memories. Wedding photography is a platter of different photography styles, colors and ways to capture moments. We’ve put together a complete checklist of all the photos you need to take on your wedding day. Pick the ones you love and add some more of your own to make it your very best list. Give it to the photographer so he/she makes sure you’re getting what you paid for.
- A unique kissing shot. Any location, doesn’t matter as long as it’s totally unique and special.
- Your invitations. A picture will last longer than paper goods.
- Silhouette shot. Shadows are totally romantic.
- Groom and groomsmen getting ready
- You getting ready: applying make up, putting on your dress and bridesmaids getting ready.
- All of the dresses
- Pictures with each of your families
- Your rings. The more creatively placed they are, the better.
- Your first look. Even better if you can get a reaction shot of him.
- First kiss. Duh!
- Entrance into reception.
- Pictures with the whole bridal party.
- Your bouquet. Pre-toss.
- First dance.
- Moments with your bridesmaids and moments with his groomsmen.
- Cutting the cake. Extra bonus for the cake smash.
- Your exit.
This is a short list but a list of pictures that will be memorable. Your photographer will have a running list of everything they want to get on film but make sure you hire a good photographer.