WE LOVE LISTS! They are the key to sanity and thy prevent a whole lot of wedding day messes. Luckily our amazing friends over at PERFECT WEDDING GUIDE are dishing up loads of great advice. Here is their step by step list they have provided:
1. Stay hydrated. Whether or not you’re planning on drinking alcohol at your wedding, it’s so important to drink water throughout the day. Dehydration (especially when combined with stress) can lead to heart palpitations, headaches, shaking, and lightheadedness. The last thing you want to do is faint on your wedding day because you didn’t remember to drink some water!
2. Eat the food you’re paying for. Many times, couples miss their cocktail hours due to picture taking. They then enter the reception, have their first dance, and begin mingling with guests. It’s important to remember to eat some of the food you’re paying for. Ask your wedding planner (or a relative) to bring you a few food selections during photos, and make sure you partake of the meal at your reception.
3. Touch up your makeup. Brides, you’ll be photographed the entire day. Make sure you have touchup makeup (at least lipstick) handy any time you need it. You’ll be thankful when you get those photos back…especially the un-retouched family pics!
4. Bring a change of shoes. Unless you’re wearing flip-flops or sneakers down the aisle, the odds are your shoes will be causing your feet to ache by the time you reach the reception. Bring a pair of comfortable shoes to change into so you can dance the night away in comfort.
5. Take a few minutes to soak it all in. The single-most common thing we hear from newlyweds is that their wedding day went by in a flash. Don’t forget to take a few minutes to take a deep breath, relax, and take it all in. That way, the memories will really stick with you for years to come. These may not seem like critical things to remember on your wedding day, but trust us… they are! Do you have any suggestions you would add to this list? Let us know in the comments.
Once again, a big thank you to our friends over at Perfect Wedding Guide for giving us some amazing advice to share with our GLAM couples!