Engaged couples, bridal entourages, and family arrived at The Hotel Chicago on Monday to plan future luxury nuptials. The top vendors servicing the Chicago area gathered to show off their best designs, wedding services, and trendy point of views. Chicago’s top vendors revealed wedding trends for both local weddings and destination weddings.
Hot Wedding Trends Emerging from Wedding Salon in Chicago:
1. Tall Statement Centerpieces: Resorts and designers alike featured noticeably tall centerpieces with elegant elements that caught and the attention of anyone walking by. The elongated base of the centerpieces allows for a larger and eye-capturing floral design without interrupting the space for the guests.
2. Pastels and Jewel Tones: In lieu of the fall season, the popular colors have shifted to pastels and jewel tones. Veil Designs and Navjot Design showcased stunning floral arrangements and table designs that unveiled the beauty of this season’s tones.
3. Shred for the Wed: The “shred for your wed” trend has been amplified by the heightened awareness of health benefits. Couples are joining together to make lifestyle changes by finding fun activities to get fit for their weddings. Pure Barre, The Bar Method and Mira Fitness showcased new, innovative ways to keep couples motivated in their fitness regimen.
4. DJ Throwback Playlists: More often, couples are incorporating old-school music with new material. We heard many throwbacks layered with modern music, leading to a successful mix for all ages and guests. Who doesn’t love a classic 90’s song layered with a top hit?
5. Destination Wedding Pavilion: Luxurious destinations for weddings and honeymoons continue to stay popular for the affluent couples. Creating an intimate experience for their friends and family, couples use destination wedding packages as an escape from their busy lives at home. Wedding Salon showcased AMResorts, Aruba Tourism Authority, Aspen CVB, Mexico Tourism Board, O’ahu Visitors Bureau, Puerto Rico Tourism Board, The Villa Group and more.